Monday 3 November 2008

Retail therapy




I guess it must be 'girls only' or a hormonal thing...sometimes I can't just find the right stuff...My head is craving for that something that keeps haunting my brain...
Stupid and I admit a luxury 'problem' ...
But a girl's gotta do what a girl has gotta do ...
I've told myself a couple of years ago I wouldn't waist my money and time on a therapist ever again...it just made me feel even worse and in my case it's just better to bury all what has been in the past deep down away and give over to some ol' fashioned retail therapy !!
Maybe as expensive as a shrink but it makes me feel so much better in finding that special item.

So - after seeing in many mags and Sartorialists, the furry (fake or real) bodywarmer - I've been on a quest for the perfect one to find....Last year I've bought a furry rabbit bodywarmer with a high collar at Essentiels....Good for wintery walks in the country - not to show off on a silk dress inside a restaurant or party...
I've had a similar furry 60ies look leopardprint coat, also nice for an showstopping entrance, not to keep on the entire evening...
Last week in Paris I was hoping to find something very special and hopefully from a brand not seen yet in Antwerp.
Abroad I never go into a shop that is also available in my hometown except for a Chanel shop.
So the search was pretty soon over and at Chanel I did not see anything near a furry bodywarmer, only these pretty little purses and clutches with French poodle-lish 'hair' on the sides ...

Back in Antwerp today I started walking, nothing in mind and aha...what did my eye see ?
THE bodywarmer I was searching for all along...A fine flat darkblue real fur version, perfect fit and a good basic colour to go with a lot of other colours...Thank you Sandro, beautiful shop at Hopland....you're on my wishlist-shops for ever ...

And to make it complete I treated myself on a darkblue Chanel (what else) nailpolish...
Will go extremely well with my new furry addition in my closet ...

1 comment:

Vanna said...

I loooooove these. I've been wanting a fur vest even before the sartorialist was posting them on his blog. Just haven't found the right one.

And I agree, retail therapy is better than any shrink, sometimes, the best way to forget about a negative situation is to suppress it with FUR!