Saturday 16 May 2009

Date on Speed (not Speed dating, well yeah, maybe for the guy...)

Friday night is our dining out Nighty night...We try to eat not too early so we can chill a bit after the job is done, take a shower and pamper ourselves before we hit the 'hood'...
Yesterday our dear friend Joel and c° was still sitting outside and we decided to have our apéro on the terrace with them.
We ordered our food and when it was ready we got a little sign and got in.
Steph and I just hit our chairs as we were overwhelmed with a 'machine gun words tsunami'...
The girl sitting next to us at a table spoke in a very and I mean VERY fast way to her male compagnion. She had a special technique ; she didn't even breathe in between any of her words and she kept goin' on and on and on...
My hubby looked at me and pretty soon he was almost choking in his food by his restrained laugh. I then took my cellphone and texted him the following message : date on speed...
We began to wonder if she would ever stop and if she kept on speaking like that in any kind of 'act'...
She reminded me of a stand-up comedy scene by Alex Agnew..(I'll try to look it up)...
I can imagine lots of people get into stand-up comedy because there's so much inspiration surrounding you ...

No comments: