Sunday 22 March 2009

Paper Fashion


Finally got the chance today to go to the Momu....
Hubby and I went to the Paper Fashion exhibition ... to my surprise, it turned out even more fabulous than I expected. The use of paper in fashion appears in various cultures and is used in advertising, politics, packaging, DIY, origami and clothing they used to dress the death (people) during wars and recession when textiles and fabric were too expensive and limited. When I looked at all these wonderful creations, I realised that paper comes in many varieties....



7 comments:

diane said...

I'd even be swooning over these creations if they were made of fabric, I just can't believe they are paper. I'm so happy for you, that you got to see this exhibition. xo

amanda said...

You always do the most interesting things! It must be lovely to live in a place where there is always things to see and do.

Rita said...

When I was little, my grandma used to make me dresses out of paper... just for fun, though, but I loooooved them so much. I wish I had kept them.

Diana said...

these are so interesting! when fabric isn't enough, make a shift out of paper!

diane said...

I just realized that you left me a message for the Niagara video. I was in France in the early 90's. I'm so glad that brought back some good memories for you. And she did not influence my hair cut, well, maybe the color, but I'm not that red anymore. Speaking of hair, have I told you lately how much I love yours?

clerk said...

That is so cool.

Jack Daniel said...

Wow, those dresses with those green hangers remind me of a fashion exhibition in London, two years ago!