Monday 6 October 2008

Alexis



As my shop is closed on Monday, I'm always trying to find something new to do in Antwerp.
A few months ago, the old festivity hall in the middle of the centre, re-opened, after it had burned down a few years ago...
In the main hall, you can enjoy lunch, a glass of champagne in a giant champagne glas that has a platform where you can sit and relax.
Alexis food is downstairs (as I am a bit afraid of heights) and I took a late lunch and enjoyed wachting people walking around me in the hall...
Completely covered in white and white leather seats, you feel already special just sitting and nipping from your drink.
As always, I took a cappuccino (just to compare to all the other cappu's I tried during all these years ;-)
and decided to take a light salad with tomatoes and mozzarella....

Really enjoyed it and would recommend it to any tourist that comes to town...

4 comments:

Capitano said...

All of this is very interesting! and what a glamour place! I really like it.

p.s. here in Italy we call "caprese" (from the place Capri) the tomato and mozzarella mix as in the pic ;)

BUENA VIDA

Dominica said...

Thank you for the info about the "caprese"...Would love to see Capri one day ! It's on my 'to-do-list'

Dominica :-D

FairyTales said...

leuke blog Dominique, super tips....kom hier af en toe wel eens piepen....
greetz,
Tamara xxx

Dominica said...

Hallo Tammeke,

altijd welkom en we proberen de leukste dingen aan jullie voor te stellen, groetjes Do :-D