Sunday 15 August 2010

End of my Summer(vacation) - Anonymous Sunday


Today is the last day without thinking about work. Tomorrow at 4PM I will have my first meeting for next collection, Summer that is.
I really loved the relaxing time(s) we had in Italy but somehow that holiday seemed to short ; in fact every holiday is always too short. I just mean, by the time I had put myself in 'relax"mode, the holiday was over and I saw myself riding back home again.
After that, we stayed at home for 2 days to unpack and we hit the road again for our beachplace at the Belgian 'Costa'..now I can't complain 'bout the weather. It has been ok and my tan has had an extra update..very much needed cause I started to shine in the dark, I was this white after that long cold Winter.
So now it's time to pack again. Everybody is still asleep except Sebastian, he's watching kids stuff on telly and me, and me here and sitting, typing and staring outside my window, enjoying those last moments of 'freedom'.
Back to reality. Back to people I know and nagging about all those things that are not important.
I think I will tell them, hey ... our lives aren't that bad ! Relax and enjoy it, the time is now !
...
Workwise, I'm thinking about making a change in the near future. I would like to sell the shop and it's name and start a webshop with original kids stuff to sell on it.
I'd like to work more at home and have more (extra) time to watch and raise my kids.
So these last 4 weeks have been a period of reflection and looking back on how I've done these last 3 years and if this is really what I want to do for the rest of my life.
Have any of you considered an change ? Workwise ? Or more dramatic changes in your personal life ? Share them if you want .. let's make this Anonymous Sunday and write everything down in the comment space ... who knows, it might see you things more clearly once written down...it's so much more REAL !

3 comments:

diane said...

I'm semi-retired, so I don't see that much of a work-change in my future. That doesn't mean I don't have a busy life, so I can really relate to this post. This summer was one of the best I've had in years, and it's with a sunbaked smile that I watch it draw to a close.
I'm not so sure how I feel about an internet based business. I'm a little old fashioned, and don't really like the idea of depending on an electronic system like that. I'll hold a good thought for you, whatever you decide. :)

Anonymous said...

Whatever you decide to do, I wish you the best. My situation probably won't change in the near future. Although, I know that in about 5 years, we'll sell our house and change our lives radically. That's kind of scary.
Sounds like you had a lovely, peaceful vacation. Good luck with la rentrée!

That Girl Ang said...

Well yes my life has chnged. I worked in the fashion industry for several years. Due to some unforseen circumstances I am now home with the kids.... I don't miss the work, but I miss the relationships. I applaud you for even concidering a change. Most people are too comfortable in their situation not matter how stagnate it may be. Seriously consider it.. some internet businesses are doing well... get a good business model... Etsy has somthing called Etsy Success.. Their top sellers sear by it. I don't see why their information wouldn't work for a stand alone internet business.... Just tweak here and there. All the best Dominica! I say go for it!

Ang