Thursday 26 November 2009

great expectations ...

today, cause tonight I will be no Thanksgiving-virgin anymore !
The bad thing is, I'm suffering this bad cold slash feeling nauseous this last week.
Sometimes I feel like I have some fever, then I don't and keep just hoppin' around.

Went to the doctor yesterday and we decided together to do a precautionary op early 2011.
Looking at the medical history of my family, it's better to do so ...will tell you more in another post.
I still have a year to adapt to the idea but better then being dead, right ?
I will be 5 weeks out of fight ; 1 week hospital, 2 weeks of total rest, 2 weeks to recover and slowly starting to be active again.
...
I wish everybody a happy Thanksgiving today, enjoy and be grateful for the people we love, surrounding us with love too ...


How you doin' ?? (in a Joey Tribbiani voice)


for the record ; this is NOT my arm !


6 comments:

Woohoo said...

hi,
rest well, and hope u'll get well soon. take care
(:

Mr. Condescending said...

Domi make sure you have cranberry sauce too!

Anonymous said...

Good luck with the turkey. Hope you enjoy all the fuss.

Sorry to hear you need an operation. At least you've got a year to get used to the idea. But it sucks anyway.

Dutch Sugar Babe said...

Operations suck, especially when they are life changing. But change is not always a negative thing, right? I hope you feel better soon.

Have a nice Thanksgiving. We don't celebrate it over here :(
Wachten tot Kerst dan maar :)

Anonymous said...

@Belle
thanks

@Mr C.
I did ! mmm

@Dedene
The meal was VERY good, that turkey was HUGE !

@DDG
hehe, het is een ingreep waarop altijd ingegaan wordt, als de patient het vraagt. Zegt genoeg blijkbaar ; indien je in een risicigroep zit, beter voorkomen dan genezen.
Het feit dat ik even moet wachten heeft gewoon met mijn leeftijd te maken...
En het was hier ook mijn eerste Thanksgiving, en nu eerst Sinterklaas hé !! Dan pas Kerst !!

Jack Daniel said...

I hope you don't have the mexican flu...like me. :P