Sunday 27 September 2009

Tribute for Glenn of the Cliènt

Some of you might know, we have some close friends wich feature sometimes in my blog.
Joel is our neighbour and his brother, founder of the celebrity hairstyling salons The Cliènt (pronounced with a French accent), died last August when we were in Italy.
I was very honoured to be invited to this event, and glad to make up to the fact we couldn't attend his brother's funeral. It all went very fast and we were back home 1 day too late. I felt really bad about that for several weeks.
Glenn was way to young to die at only 41, and sitting here in this stadion, makes you realise again what a popular person he was.
So I'd like to dedicate this post to him.
May he rest in peace.



Ludo van Campenhout is a politician and a 'schepen' (a person that works for the municipal civic office in Antwerpen) for our city. He was a good friend and Antwerp football supporter, just like Glenn. He gave us his speech just before we all started singing, You'll never walk alone' ... (not doesn't that thought give you goosebumps ?)


Normally, Glenn's 3 year old son would give the kick-off but it must be very intimidating for such a small kiddo...so Glenn's dad and his other grandchild did it for him.


When the game was over, the players took off their shirts and exposed their other t-shirts with Glenn's face on it ...very touching for the family.



here I am, after the match, grabbing a burger with hubby...(I did burn my palate..it was very hot and I was greedy)

2 comments:

Keith said...

It sounds like a moving tribute.

diane said...

Oh honey, how sad.
Life truly is a gift, and for some it's way too short. I am sorry for him passing so young, and sorry for those he left behind. xo