Sunday 14 December 2008

Style du Week

Hermès has done a 'comment plier vos carrés' -evening at their shop, and they showed us all kinds of possibilities on how the get the most out of your silk scarfs....Here's a try-out of a headband....like it or not ? Can we have your votes please ?





My tux jacket I was talking about during the week...and my Icons & Heroes shirt with a very famous face on it !
Scarf : Zadig & Voltaire (they do sell online..check out their website)








This was my outfit on Monday (last picture down), to have lunch with H. (yes, the one from the sweetest gift...:-)
A Chanel jacket - a bit classic but I just love the knit and the colours they used in this piece...ànd my 'difficult' Hermès scarf.
I had it as a present in Spring but because of the lenght and width of it, not practical in warm weather. It's the second time I wear it again and H. convinced me that it's a nice colour even in Winter.
So I just wear it and don't give a damn...

During that lunch on Monday at the Verso café I've talked about a very nice Dolce & Gabbana dress I have for about 3 years now, but I had it when I was quite thin...so because of the better life (a LOT of GOOD food and a good brasserie just downstairs of where I live) I did not fit properly into it anymore...
My recent loss of a stone convinced me to try it on again...
I still love it, I think this must be my alltime favourite dress, it has this Sophia Loren feel about it...don't you agree ??

12 comments:

0lga D said...

Oh, i like very much the first photo - Dominica, you look wonderful, like at the picture "the Girl with a Pearl Earring" :)

Jill said...

We have mutual admiration...great blog. I love your book selection. I have not read a lot of them.

Ale said...

Hi Dominica!

As I said before you are gorgeous! I loved all the pictures. I always wanted to wear a scarf on my head and have no idea how to and it looks great on you! Agree on the dress that is beautiful and it seems that you never do it wrong! You are my new female hero! hahaha

Jack Daniel said...

Elegant!!

Dominica said...

@alessandra :

you're so nice to me !
thank you !

kiss & hug

Unknown said...

Lovely photos, specially the first one!!!!
XX

Vanna said...

The scarf looks fabulous as a head wrap! But, I think with a face like yours you can pull off anything!

Also really love the tuxedo jacket, tres chic!

PrincessImp. said...

I think you give the black dress a Sophia Loren feel;)
A big yes to the head scarf, you can definitely pull it off!

Dominica said...

@jack d. - xavs - vanna and princess :

thank you so much for all these wonderful comments !
You all made my day !
Will have the 'nerve' to wear the headscarf outdoors !

Terence Sambo said...

love the way u tied the scarf..cool :o)

diane said...

Photo 1: Not many people can pull off that look without looking like a gypsy. The "fringy" side swept bangs are the perfect touch.
Photo 2: The jacket and shirt are "tres chic" indeed. The red scarf is too heavy for that look.
Photo 3: WOW, what a total bombshell you are! I dare anybody to look better than you in that dress.

James Jean said...

Look at the bangles in pic 1!

My favorite look is in pic 2. I'm hoping to find more pics of it as I go along.....