Wednesday 17 December 2008

Models in the 80ies




Vogue covers of Renee


Renee dated John Taylor of Duran Duran in the eighties


My favourite models of the eighties have to be Renee Simonsen and Christie Brinkley...
I remember having Renee's pictures of her in Enrico Coveri adds on my bedroom wall. Christie became famous for me when she appeared in Billy Joel's Uptown Girl videoclip. She was and still is a very beautiful woman...
Regrettably, she hits the headlines more with messy divorces than modelling these days...Renee had been in a scandal that has something to do with the brother of the Danish heir to the throne...I even think she was one of the reasons he divorced his first wife...

What favourite model (male/female) was inspiring to you when you were a teenager ?

2 comments:

Ale said...

I loved all the Super Models: Naomi, Christy Turlington, Cindy Crawford and Linda Evangelista. Specially after watching over and over all of them together in that exquisite video of George Michael's song Freedom 90s. I love it! And became obsessed about them all.

I still love that music and saw the video the other day and still think is very cool.

Jack Daniel said...

I've always liked Linda Evangelista. I think the old models from the 60's and 70's are more beautiful than todays because of all the heavy photoshopping and photo-manipulations.