Saturday 4 October 2008

the beginning

The reason I started this blog is all because of my big inspiration, The Sartorialist, who started his blog in 2005 by taking random pictures of people like you & me...
Forget the magazines and models !!
He shows us that 'common' people also have great taste even when they don't have a personal stylist or shopper.
Looking at all these wonderful pictures - he gave me back a craving for my old but oh so forgotten hobby, photography.
Now, I don't want to imitate but innovate...I decided after some brainwork and a breakfast mojito (tea with fresh mint), that the main subject of this blog would have to be Antwerp(en).
My hometown, for me, the greatest place on earth...It has so many nice hidden spaces, innovates en restarts all over again sometimes...
As I am living in a part of this town that shows all kinds of different personalities in it's streets, what further do I need to search for any object to take a picture from...
Lovely restaurants, lounge bars, BV's (Belgian Celebrities), the most statuesque Museum of Fine Arts just in front of me when I look outside my window, day-to-day neighbours that almost feel like family and many more.
At all you readers, feel free to make a (nice & polite) comment and speak with your heart...

1 comment:

Heidi said...

succes!
ik kijk al uit naar het vervolg